Richmond, Virginia (September 12, 2015) – Heading into Saturday night’s race at Richmond International Raceway, the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil team has a guaranteed spot in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Over the next ten weeks, Joey Logano will battle NASCAR’s best on track, with the hopes of becoming the next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion. This marks Joey’s third straight appearance in the Chase, after making it to the Championship Round at Homestead-Miami Speedway in 2014.
With another chance at winning the Sprint Cup Series Championship this year, Joey Logano has decided to take the Chase off-track with the Joey Logano Foundation and help give second chances to people in need across the country.
Through a new grant-making platform known as Chasing Second Chances, the Joey Logano Foundation will award grants and support to charities in a variety of race markets. The program aims to raise awareness of dedicated non-profit organizations answering the call to make their community a better place to live.
“In life, bad things can happen to good people. That is why we have set up our foundation to support partner organizations with innovative programming, helping individuals and communities in need of a second chance,” said Logano. “If it weren’t for the dedication of my team this season, I wouldn’t have another chance to pursue the Championship. Sometimes we need help in life and I want the Joey Logano Foundation to be there for these organizations supporting our communities.”
The program will officially kick off with a Team Logano meet and greet for members at Richmond. The Joey Logano Foundation invites you to learn more about these organizations over the next ten weeks through weekly blog posts on joeyloganofoundation.com and updates through social media platforms.
Please find below monthly awareness causes and the non-profit partners we will focus on each week.
September: Pediatric Cancer Awareness and Suicide Prevention
- Chicagoland Speedway: Bear Necessities – http://www.bearnecessities.org/
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway: David’s House – https://www.davids-house.org/
- Dover International Speedway: Mission 22/Elder Heart – http://elderheart.org/
October: Domestic Abuse Prevention
- Charlotte Motor Speedway: Dove’s Nest- http://charlotterescuemission.org/
- Kansas Speedway: Safehome – http://www.safehome-ks.org/
- Talladega Superspeedway: Second Chances Inc. – http://2ndchanceinc.org/
- Martinsville Speedway: Citizens Against Family Violence – http://www.cafv.info/
November: Various Cancer Causes and Diabetes Awareness
- Texas Motor Speedway: Cancer Care Services – http://www.cancercareservices.org
- Phoenix International Raceway: Singleton Moms – http://www.singletonmoms.org
- Homestead-Miami Speedway: Children’s Health Fund – http://www.childrenshealthfund.org
To learn more about the program and the charities benefiting, visit www.joeyloganofoundation.com/chasing-second-chances
About the Joey Logano Foundation
The mission of the Joey Logano Foundation is to Inspire and assemble the NASCAR community to assist those across the nation who are in need of a second chance due to natural or human disaster. The Joey Logano Foundation partners with other organizations to provide comfort and relief to those in need after such unforeseen circumstances.
Shelly Biby, Joey Logano Foundation Director
email@example.com, 704.659.788 (o)